Regarding Special Extra Baggage rates for the IATO members by IndiGo
1st February 2019
To, All Members,
Sub: Regarding Special Extra Baggage rates for the IATO members by IndiGo
This is further to our email sent on 24th December 2018 regarding Special Extra Baggage rates for the IATO members by IndiGo.
You will be pleased to know that process for availing special pre-paid excess baggage rates by IndiGo for members of IATO handling foreign tourists on the IndiGo domestic network has been finalised. This will be effective from today, i.e. 1st February 2019.
Please find attached the process document for availing the special rates effective 1st February 2019.
For easy reference, the same is also placed below in case if you find difficulty in opening the attached document.
In case if you find any problem, please feel free to contact the undersigned.
PROCESS FOR AVAILAING SPECIAL PRE-PAID BAGGAGE RATES FOR FOREIGN TOURISTS OF IATO MEMBERS
Foreign tourists handled by IATO Members for travel on IndiGo domestic network shall be offered special pre-paid baggage rates as per below slabs:
08 Kgs for Rs.1000/-
15 Kgs for Rs.1500/-
30 Kgs for Rs.3000/-
Process to avail the special rates:
1. IATO members/issuing agent to send the request for special baggage rates in the below table to firstname.lastname@example.org. The template to be used is given in Annexure A of this document.
|IndiGo PNR Nos: ABCDEF|
|Passenger Names||Nationality||Passport Number||Baggage Slab to be attached|
|Mr. XYZ||08 Kgs|
|Ms. ABC||15 Kgs|
|Mr. MNO||30 Kgs|
2. The names of the passengers in the booking should match to the names on their passport.
3. In case of any name mis-match, the request shall be rejected.
4. All passengers in the booking should be foreign nationals holding foreign passports. Indian nationals/NRIs/Resident permit holders should not be a part of the group booking.
5. The request to be sent at least 3 days prior to the travel date excluding holidays and weekly offs.
6. IndiGo to process the request by attaching the relevant baggage SSR and charge the fee to the agency login ID as shown on the PNR immediately. The e mail sent by the IATO Agent/ Issuing Agent to act as an authorisation to charge the IndiGo login ID of the ticketing agent.
7. The excess baggage once attached to the PNR will not be removed or refunded
8. Any additional weight to be charged as per IndiGo’s normal excess baggage rates at the airport.
9. IndiGo reserves the right to discontinue the scheme or revise the above rates/slabs any time without notice.
Template of the e mail to be sent to process the IATO Special Baggage
Copy: Respective IndiGo Account Manager / Sales
Subject Line: Special Pre-paid baggage for IATO customers
Dear Sir / Madam,
Kindly add pre-paid baggage at special rates for foreign tourists of IATO Members as per the below table:
|IndiGo PNR Nos: ABCDEF|
|Passenger Names||Nationality||Passport Number||
Baggage Slab to be attached
We hereby certify that the nationality and the passport numbers of the above passengers are true and correct. Through this e mail, we also authorise you to debit the applicable charges to the agency ID mentioned in the PNR.
Thanks and regards,
From: Rajesh Kapoor (Sales,CORP) [/src/compose.php?send_to=Rajesh.Kapoor@GOINDIGO.IN]
Sent: 31 January 2019 18:00
Subject: FW: Enhancement of checked-in baggage allowance by IndiGo
Dear Mr. Mehra,
Greeting from IndiGo!!
With regards to our special pre-paid excess baggage rates for members of IATO handling foreign tourists on the IndiGo domestic network, please find attached the process document which may be shared with your members for availing the said special rates effective 1st Feb 2019.
Feel free to get back to us for any further clarification / information on this.
Thanks and regards
Senior Manager-Sales Support
Level 5 Tower D Global Business Park
M G Road Gurgaon Haryana 122002
M +91 9811172898