Special Extra Baggage rates for the IATO members by IndiGo
24th December 2018
To, All Members,
Sub: Special Extra Baggage rates for the IATO members by IndiGo
We had a meeting with IndiGo on 9th October 2018, wherein we discussed the following two points for the mutual benefit of the travel trade as well as IndiGo Airlines:-
- Checked-in baggage allowance for foreign tourists may be increased to 23 kgs. as against 15 kgs. This request was made keeping in view the free baggage allowance of 23 Kgs allowed by the International Airlines into India.
- Possibility of adding Agra and Khajuraho in the IndiGo network.
1. You will be pleased to know that IndiGo Airlines has agreed to extend special pre-paid excess baggage rates only for members of IATO when they are handling foreign tourists on the IndiGo domestic network. For your reference, the rates are as follows:
- Rs. 1000 for 8 kg
- Rs. 1500 for 15 kg
- Rs. 3000 for 30 kg
IndiGo will shortly share the process for availing the above facility, and subsequently should be in a position to implement the same from early January.
2. With regard to our request for adding Agra and Khajuraho, the same is also under consideration, and shall inform you once we hear from IndiGo.
A copy of email received from IndiGo Airlines is placed below.
3. Group Reservation - Cancellation Policy by IndiGo Airlines:- We would also like to remind you about our circular sent on 8th March 2018 regarding Group Reservation – Cancellation policy by Indigo Airlines. IndiGo Airlines had accepted that for any inbound foreign national group, upto 50 pax, in case the group strength is reduced by 10%, at the stage of D-30, there will be no cancellation charge. This is not applicable in case, the group is above 50 pax or if the entire group is cancelled.
Request you all to kindly promote and use IndiGo Airlines for your foreign groups, keeping in view the facilities they have offered for the IATO members.
With best regards,
From: R Srikrishna (Sales,ISC) [/src/compose.php?send_to=r.srikrishna@GOINDIGO.IN]
Sent: 22 December 2018 14:21
To: email@example.com; William Boulter(COMM,ISC) <William.Boulter@GOINDIGO.IN>; Manish Marwah (Sales,DEL) <Manish.Marwah@GOINDIGO.IN>; Ruchi Bahuguna Pandiri (Comm,ISC) <Ruchi.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Subject: RE: Enhancement of checked-in baggage allowance by IndiGo
Dear Mr. Mehra
Seasons’ Greetings from all of us here in IndiGo!
With reference to our meeting and the points discussed, we are pleased to share that we will extend our special pre-paid excess baggage rates for members of IATO when they are handling foreign tourists on the IndiGo domestic network. For your reference, the rates are as follows:
- Rs. 1000 for 8kg,
- Rs. 1500 for 15kg
- Rs. 3000 for 30kg.
I am sure this will help the IATO members promote IndiGo even more with your foreign partners and guests.
We will shortly share the process for availing the above facility, and subsequently should be in a position to implement the same from early January.
Your other point regarding adding Agra and Khajuraho is under consideration, and we will keep you posted on the progress.
With best regards