Announcements made by the Honble Finance Minister for Revival of Tourism on 28th June 2021
01st July, 2021
To, All Members,
Sub: Announcements made by the Hon'ble Finance Minister for Revival of Tourism on 28th June 2021.
As you are aware, IATO had made several representation to the Government seeking financial relief for the members, soft loans and free tourist visa.
On 28th of June 2021, the Hon’ble Finance Minister made certain announcements which included some relief for the first time to the Tourism Industry which includes the following:-
Reviving Tourism: Financial support to more than 11,000 Registered Tourist Guides/Travel and Tourism Stakeholders:-
- Under new Loan Guarantee Scheme for COVID Affected Sectors, working capital/personal loans will be provided to people in tourism sector to discharge liabilities and restart businesses impacted due to COVID-19
- The scheme will cover: 10,700 Regional Level Tourist Guides recognised by Ministry of Tourism and Tourist Guides recognised by the State Governments and Travel and Tourism Stakeholders (TTS) recognized by Ministry of Tourism (904)
- Loans will be provided with 100 % guarantee up to the following limits:
- 10,00,000 for TTS ( per agency)
- 1,00,000 for tourist guides licenced at Regional or State level
- No processing charges, waiver of foreclosure/prepayment charges. No additional collateral requirement
- Scheme to be administered by the Ministry of Tourism through NCGTC
- Free Tourist Visa to 5 Lakh Tourists
- Once Visa issuance is restarted, the first 5 lakh Tourists Visas will be issued free of charge.
- Benefit will be available only once per tourist
- The scheme will be applicable till 31st March, 2022 or till 5,00,000 visas are issued, whichever is earlier
- Total financial implications- Rs 100 Crore
As informed you yesterday, following, the announcements made by the Hon’ble Finance Minister, IATO issued a Press Release thanking the Government and seeking more relief from the Government.
You will notice in the above announcements, the relief which has been given by the Government is for the Regional Level Tourist Guides recognised by Ministry of Tourism and Tourist Guides recognised by the State Governments and Travel and Tourism Stakeholders (TTS) recognized by Ministry of Tourism. Besides, there are various other benefits for the recognised service providers which they can avail are MDA for overseas promotion and domestic promotion, participation in overseas road shows etc.
It is therefore important for all our members to get Recognition from the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India to get any relief from the Government which have been already been announced or may be announced later.
Guidelines have been simplified and members who wish to get the recognition can apply on the following link:-
Revised guidelines for recognition of tourism service providers by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India are given on the following link:-
Members are therefore advised to get themselves recognised by the Ministry of Tourism, Government of India at the earliest.
For any help or assistance required, please contact the IATO Secretariat.