Registration Details – 35th IATO Annual Convention, 12th – 15th September 2019, Kolkata (West Bengal)
10th August 2019
Sub: Registration Details – 35th IATO Annual Convention, 12th – 15th September 2019, Kolkata (West Bengal)
As you are aware, the 35th IATO Annual Convention is going to be held in Kolkata, from 12 – 15 September 2019. The venue of the convention is ITC Royal Bengal, Kolkata.The Theme of the convention is: -
“Is Tourism Thriving? – Challenges And Opportunities”
You can register online and can also make payment online through your Visa/Master Debit/Credit card, on the following link:
We seek active participation of all our members to make this convention successful and request for the following: -
(i) Your participation in the convention by registering as delegates.
(ii) Advertisement in the IATO Manual. Advertisement details/tariffs are attached.
(iii) Participation in Marketing Innovation Competition.
(iv) Taking booth in Indian Tourism Fair
(v) Sponsoring Door Prizes that will be announced every day during the business sessions.
(vi) Sponsoring Gift items to be put into delegates’ kit bags. Please note, no printed brochures/material would be accepted for delegate kit bags. Sample of gift proposed may be sent to IATO office for approval by 31st August, 2019 and need to be delivered at the Venue i.e. Hotel ITC Royal Bengal, Kolkata by 6th September, 2019.
(vii) Participation in IATO Run for Responsible Tourism
Various post-convention tours are being organized during the convention as per details attached. Members who wish to participate should indicate the post tour no. on the registration form. Members who are opting for the post-convention tour to note the following:
- All post tour will conclude at Kolkata Airport at 1730 hours
- For the members who wish to stay in the hotel on return after the post tour, IATO has negotiated the same room rates as applicable during the convention. Please fill in the same on the form in case you want to stay at the Hotel.
- Registration for post-convention tours would be on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS and will close on 22nd August 2019.
- All delegates to carry Original Government approved Identity Card (Driving License/ Passport/Voters ID card) of each and every residing guests, including children. The same has to be submitted at the time of check-in.at any hotel and Sundarbans Excursion especially. Please note that Pan Card will NOT be accepted as a proof of identity.
- Delegates who are taking any of the Post-Convention from Post Tour No. 1 to 6 should book their flights/ train tickets departing Kolkata any time after 2000 hours.
Important Note: -
1. We have limited number of rooms at ITC Royal Bengal, where rooms are blocked mainly for VIPs, Guests, Speakers and Senior Government officials. Therefore, room allocation will be on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. Same applies for other hotels also. Hence members are requested to give 3 preferences for the hotel accommodation.
2. For the delegates who are booking hotel accommodation through IATO, transport will be provided by IATO from all the hotels to the convention venue and back.
3. Un-authorized display of any print material, display of banner(s), panel(s) etc. would not be allowed at the convention venue without prior permission of IATO. IATO reserves the rights to disallow any such display.
4. Special airfare are being negotiated and will be advised soon. However, members are advised not to wait for the special rates and should book their air tickets immediately as the air fares available presently are low.
5.For identification purposes for check-in at the hotel please carry either Driving License /Passport/ Voter ID card. Please avoid Aadhar Card as hotels are not accepting the same as it is linked to your bank account and Govt. documents.
6. Power bank are to be carried only in hand baggage and not in check-in baggage on flights.
7. On 14th September, 2019 there will be dinner cruise on river Ganges. Although life guard will be stationed near the railing of the cruise liner, members are advised to take maximum precaution and stay away from deck railing for safety.
For any further information, please get in touch with the IATO Secretariat.
Looking forward to welcoming you in Kolkata.
Pronab Sarkar Rajnish Kaistha Debjit Dutta
President & Hony. Jt. Secretary Chairman IATO West Bengal Chapter
Chairman Convention Co-Chairman Convention Co-Chairman Convention