DEL/262/2017 9th June 2017
To All Members,
Sub: 33rd IATO Annual Convention, 7 -10 September 2017, Bhubaneswar
As we have already informed you, the 33rd IATO Annual Convention is going to be held from 7 – 10 September 2017. The venue of the convention is Mayfair Convention Centre, Bhubaneswar.
While we are finalizing all other logistics, attached please find the Tentative Programme and Post Convention Tour details.
This information is being circulated to you so that you can plan your visit to Bhubaneswar accordingly.
Following are our suggestions:-
- Members who are not interested to take any Post Convention Tour can book their flight for return on 10th September 2017.
- Members who want to join any of the Post Convention Tours can book their return ticket in advance as per date/timing given in each tour.
- Members who are taking any post tour should submit their registration form with payment as soon as registration is open so that we can register you for the post tour you have opted for as this will be on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS. Registration forms received without payment will not be considered.
- Registration for the convention will start by mid of July 2017.
We look forward to your support for making the 33rd IATO Convention a grand success and need your full cooperation.
Thanking you and with best regards,
Pronab Sarkar Rajiv Mehra
President Vice President
33rd IATO ANNUAL CONVENTION
7th – 10th SEPTEMBER 2017, BHUBANESWAR, ODISHA
Thursday, 7th September, 2017
1000 - 1700 hrs Registration at Mayfair Lagoon, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
1030 – 1430 hrs Interactive meeting of Tour Operators/Travel Agents Interactive at Mayfair Lagoon, Bhubaneswar, Odisha
1630 - 1830 hrs Inaugural Function at Mayfair Convention Centre
1830 - 1930 hrs Inauguration of India Travel Mart/ B2B
2000 - 2230 hrs Cocktails and Dinner with Cultural Programme
Friday, the 8th September, 2017
0630 hrs IATO Run for Responsible Tourism
1000 – 1130 hrs Business Sessions/State Presentations at Mayfair Convention Centre
1130 – 1200 hrs Tea Break/B2B
1200 – 1315 hrs Business Sessions/State Presentations
1315 - 1415 hrs Lunch/B2B
1415 - 1600 hrs Business Session/State Presentations
1600 - 1630 hrs Tea Break/B2B
1630 - 1730 hrs Business Session/State Presentations
1745 hrs Depart for respective Hotels
1930 - 2230 hrs Cocktail/Dinner and Cultural programme
Saturday, the 9th September, 2017
1000 - 1130 hrs Business Sessions/State Presentations
1130 - 1200 hrs B2B/Tea Break
1200 - 1315 hrs Business Session/State Presentation
1315 - 1415 hrs Lunch/B2B
1415 - 1600 hrs Business Session/State Presentation
1600 - 1630 hrs Tea Break/B2B
1630 - 1800 hrs Valedictory Session/Award Presentation Ceremony
1815 hrs Depart for respective hotels
1930 -2230 hrs Cocktail and Dinner
Sunday, the 10th September 2017
Departure of delegates and Post Convention Tours.
- Registration for the convention would be at Mayfair Lagoon, Bhubaneswar
- Inaugural Session, all business sessions, tourism mart, B2B meetings and lunch on 7th, 8th and 9th September, 2017 will be at Mayfair Convention Centre.
- IATO Secretariat will function from Mayfair Lagoon, Bhubaneswar
33rd IATO ANNUAL CONVENTION,
7 -10 SEPTEMBER 2017, BHUBANESWAR, ODISHA
SPOUSE TOURS AND POST CONVENTION TOURS
Various post convention tours and spouse tours have been arranged for the delegates and for their spouses as details given below. Delegates interested to join the tour may indicate tour no. on the registration form. (Programme and number of tours shall remain subject to change)
Spouse Tour No. - 1
8th September – City Sightseeing Tour and Temple Tour. Departure at 1015 hrs from Mayfair Convention Centre.
Spouse Tour No. 2
9th September – Shopping Tour. Departure at 1030 hrs from Mayfair Convention Centre.
POST CONVENTION TOURS
Post Tour No. 1- Same Day Return – Bhubaneswar/Puri/Konark (Chrages Rs. 500 per pax).
Day 1 (10th Sept 2017): Depart at 0730 hrs. En-route visiting Dhauli Peace Pagoda, Pipili Applique Village, Konark Sun Temple (World Heritage Site). Afternoon Visit the famous Lord Jagannath temple and drive back to Bhubaneswar. Arrive Bhubaneswar by 6 PM.
Note: Bhubaneswar to Konark: 75 kms, Konark to Puri – 35 kms, Puri to Bhubaneswar-65 kms, (Total hours drive -4.5 hrs +Visit) (Book any flight after 7 pm)
Post Tour No. 2 One Night /2 days – Bhubaneswar/Puri (Charges Rs. 1000 per pax)
Day 1 (10th Sept) : Depart at 0800 hrs. Sightseeing of Bhubaneshwar covering Temples & Caves. Lunch at one of the city based restaurant. Drive to Puri visiting Heerapur Chaushathi yogini temple, Dhauli Rock Edict & peace pagoda & Pipli Applique village. Overnight at Puri (Note: 2 hrs drive +visit)
Day 2 (11th Sept)-: Special Darshan at Jagannath temple before breakfast. After Breakfast visit the Raghurajpur Artisans Heritage Village. Lunch at Konark. Visit of Sun temple. Drive to Bhubaneshwar. Arrive Bhubaneswar airport by 6 pm. (Note: 3 hrs drive +Visit). (Book any flight after 7 pm)
Post Tour No. 3 - One Night/2days Bhubaneswar –Bhitarkanika (Charges Rs. 1000 per pax)
Day 1 (10th Sept): Depart at 7.45. Drive to Bhitarkanika on way visit Ratnagiri, Udaigiri & Lalitgiri Excavated Buddhist Sites. Lunch at Toshali Panthika. Continue drive to Bhitarkanika. Check in to Camps. Evening at the Camp Fire. Dinner & Overnight stay.
Day 2 (11th Sept) : After Breakfast leave for a Boat Trip inside the Sanctuary spotting the Basking Giant Salt water Crocodiles, Deer, Wild Boar & Birds. Nature Trek inside the Old Sanctuary area spotting birds near the water bodies is interesting. Afternoon drive back to Bhubaneswar to reach airport by 6 pm. ( Drive -4/5 hours). (Book any flight after 7 pm)
Post Tour No. 4 - Two Nights /3 Days - Bhubaneswar/Chilka/Puri (Charges Rs. 1500 per pax)
Day 1 (10th Sept): Depart at 0830 hrs. Visit Chilka (Satapada). Chilika is the largest brackish water lake in Asia and also famous for the Dolphins & birds. Boat drive inside Chilka Lake for viewing of dolphins and also visit the Sea Mouth of Chilka Lake. Evening drive to Puri (1.5 hr drive) and relax on the beach. Overnight at Puri
Day 2 (11th Sept): Excursion to Konark to visit the famous Sun temple (The world heritage site). Afternoon visit, Lord Jagannath temple and the colorful Bazaar. Evening relax on the beach (3.5 hrs drive +visit). Overnight at Konark
Day 3 (12th Sept): After Breakfast proceed to Bhubaneswar en-route visit Raghurajpur artisan village. (2 hrs drive). Visit Heerapur Chaushathi yogini temple, Dhauli Rock Edict & peace pagoda & Pipli Applique village. Transfer to Bhubaneswar Airport by 6 PM. (Book any flight after 7 pm)
Post Tour No. 5 - 4 Nights/5 days (Tribal Tour) with the Ethnic Communities of Odisha (Charges Rs. 4000 per pax towards transport and accommodation for 4 nights)
Day 1 (10th Sept) : Bhubaneswar-Gopalpur-After Breakfast proceed to Gopalpur enroute visiting Mangalajodi On Chilka lake. Boating at the lake & drive to Barkul for Lunch. Drive to Gopalpur. Check in to hotel. Evening relax on the beach .Overnight Gopalpur (4 hrs Drive +Visit )
Day 2 (11th Sept): Drive to Phulbani, Overnight at Phulbani
Day 3 (12th Sept): Visit to Tumudibandh area for Tattoo faced tribal group’s weekly market & their village.Overnight at Rayagada. (4 hrs Drive +Visit )
Day 4 (13th Sept): Morning excursion trip to Dongariya Kondh weekly market.After Lunch drive to Similiguda on the way visiting Paraja villages. Overnight at Similiguda (4 hrs Drive +Visit )
Day 5 (14th Sept): Visit of Anakadelli market (Most interesting Bondo Tribal Market). Drive to Vishakhapatnam to reach Vishakhapatnam Airport by 5 PM (4hrs Drive +Visit (Book any flight after 6 pm)
- All post tour will conclude at Bhubaneswar Airport at 6 pm except Post Tour No. 5 (tribal tour) which will conclude at Vishakhapatnam Airport at 6 pm.
- For the members who wish to stay in the hotel on return after the post tour, IATO has negotiated the same room rates as applicable during the convention. Please fill in the same on the form in case you want to stay at the Hotel.
- Registration for post-convention tours would be on FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS
- Delegates taking Post-Convention Tours from Post Tour No. 1 to 4 should book their train/flights departing Bhubaneswar according to timings indicated above with margin of at least two hours after completion of the tour at Bhubaneswar Airport.
- Delegates taking Post Convention tour No. 5 (Tribal Tour) should book their train/flights departing Vishakhapatnam according to timings indicated above with margin of at least two hours after completion of the tour at Vishakhapatnam Airport.
- Members who are opting for the post convention tours and have already purchased their air/train ticket must send their registration forms along with the full payment immediately the registration for the convention is open.
- Accommodation will be on sharing a twin bedded room basis wherever applicable.
- For the Post Tours, shall accept one coach load for all the above tours.
- Post Tour Charges as mentioned against each tour include transport and accommodation per pax on sharing a twin bedded room on room plus breakfast basis.
- For Post Tour no. 5 (Tribal Tour): Complimentary accommodation, has not been requested for as they are not able to provide complimentary accommodation but would be charging 50% of their tariff. However the accommodation cost is further subsidized by IATO and would charge total Rs. 4000 per person for transport and accommodation to promote Tribal Tour).
- Charges for Post Convention Tours to be paid along with the delegate registration fee.
1)Rs. 500 per pax for Post Tour No. 1 (same day return)
2) Rs. 1000 per pax for Post Tour No. 2 (1 night/ 2 days)
3) Rs. 1000 per pax for Post Tour No. 3 (1 night/ 2 days)
4) Rs. 1500 per pax for Post Tour No. 4 (2 nights/3 days)
5) Rs. 4000 per pax for Post Tour No. 5 (4 nights/5 days)