IATO Updates this week – 22nd to 27th May, 2017
30th May, 2017
To, All Members,
Sub: IATO – Updates this week – 22nd to 27th May, 2017
- IATO conducted special training programme on GST for members on 27th May 2017 at Ethiopian Cultural Centre. The training programme received overwhelming response. As against 25 seats aimed for the programme, IATO on demand had to accommodate maximum possible i.e. 55 in a theatre style. IATO shall organize another training programme on GST and members will be informed accordingly.
- Based on directives of Delhi High Court on IATO’s writ petition regarding Guide Policy of ASI (on which IATO got stay on 15th May 2017), IATO had written to Ministry of Tourism, Ministry of Cultural and DG ASI to call for a joint meeting and workout strategies for revision of guidelines and make it more tourist friendly.
- IATO EC members attended a special meetings called by the Ministry of Tourism related to BIMSTEC meeting in Delhi in July 2017, India -USA Bilateral relations on tourism, festival in Varanasi (Surganga Festival) and domestic campaigns in summer months.
- IATO New look website has now been put into operation. For latest updates please visit website www.iato.in
- IATO have submitted proposal to Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India for Road shows for the financial year 2017-18 after getting the feedback from the members.
- IATO circulated to members information about GST on tourism/travel sector & rate of tax etc. as communicated by FAITH. IATO will be arranging meetings on GST with the experts in June 2017. Details will follow soon.
- IATO luncheon meeting for June will be held on 14th June at The Ashok Hotel, where in IATO will welcome new Secretary Tourism Mrs. Rashmi Verma and bid farewell to Mr. Vinod Zutshi.
- IATO thanks the members who have already paid their annual subscription. Membership certificates for the financial year 2017-18 have been printed and we have started dispatching of certificates to the members who have sent their subscription. Members who have still not paid their annual subscription, please send the same so that we can renew your membership and send the membership certificate.
- IATO’s next edition of newsletter is ready. Members will get it soon. Please give your feedback and interesting stories (if any) you want to share with members. In newsletter, we want to have reader’s feedback column and need your cooperation.
- In response to our request to India tourism offices overseas to send us the list of exhibitions where each offices participating for 2017-18 and where our members can participate, we received such information from Australia and same has been circulated to members. Earlier this information as received from Tourist offices Dubai, Beijing, Paris, Singapore, New York and Toronto were circulated to members.