10th March 2016
To All Members,
Sub: Welcoming of Mr. Pat Farmer, Runner of Spirit of India Run.
Greetings from IATO !
This is with reference to our circular dated 22nd January 2016 regarding Spirit of India Run by Mr. Pat Farmer, a long distance runner, former, Member of Parliament from Sydney and as Assistant Minister for Education and Sports in the Government of Prime Minister John Howard. Mr. Pat Farmer started Spirit of India run on 26th January 2016 from Cape Comorin and will reach Srinagar on 31st March 2016. He is accompanied by a television filming crew of 6 pax who are covering the entire run and prepare a documentary that would be screened multiple times on Australia's Channel 9 network.
This run is aimed at cementing relations between India and Australia; encourage tourism and personal relationships with a view to create awareness of India as a tourism destination and showcase India as a positive country in Australia; and support causes and charity which in the current endeavor is to raise funds for education of the girl child with the help of M/s. Adani Group and Mahindra Group. This event is being supported by the Ministry of Tourism Govt. of India.
Mr. Pat Farmer is also accompanied by a filming crew, who are covering and filming important places of interest identified by the respective State Govt./UT. Mr. Pat Farmer has already covered states of Kerala, Karnataka, Goa, Maharashtra, Gujarat and Rajasthan and is reaching Uttar Pradesh today.
IATO was one of the main partner and supported the event on the request of the ministry and provided the following:-
• Three experienced drivers with sound background knowledge of roads/routes and tourist spots of the respective States for the vehicles being provide by Mahindra.
• Standardized T-shirts and caps to the Runners and to the chapter members for welcoming the team.
• Local Chapters to participate in all the events with local people who are connected with tourism.
All the IATO Regional and State Chapter Chairmen rendered their best services.
Mr. Pat Farmer will enter Delhi on Sunday, the 13th March 2016 at 12:30 hrs ( Approx.) and Ministry of Tourism and IATO will welcome Mr. Pat Farmer and his team at Badarpur Border. Shri Kapil Mishra, Hon’ble Tourism Minister, Govt. of NCT will be there to welcome Mr. Pat Farmer and welcome reception has also been organized by Delhi Tourism at Delhi Haat at 1900 hrs 13th March 2016.
Mr. Pat Farmer will depart from Delhi 14TH March, 2016 to cover rest of the states to reach Kashmir on 31st March 2016.
This is to request all our IATO members to welcome Mr. Pat Farmer and join with their staff as per following:-
• Mr. Pat Farmer will reach Delhi/NCR Border, National Highway -2, Mathura Road, New Delhi at 1230hrs (approx).
• We invite all IATO members in Delhi/NCR to be present in numbers at the Badarpur border on 13th March at 1230 hrs (approx) for extending welcome to Mr. Pat Farmer from IATO side.
• Thereafter run will continue and reach Humayun’s Tomb at 1400hrs, arrive at India Gate at 1500 hrs, and the run team with Mr. Pat Farmer thereafter will reach Hotel Janpath around 1600 hrs.
• A special reception in his honor has also been arranged at Delhi Haat by Delhi Tourism at 1900 hrs on 13th March.
• Mr. Pat Farmer will leave Delhi on 14th March, 2016. IATO will distribute Sun Caps & T-Shirts to all the members, Media Members present. Please join in numbers to show IATO’s solidarity to this event
Kindly confirm your/your staff presence so that we may carry T-Shirts and Caps as per requirement.
Confirmation should reach IATO office by Friday, the 11th March 2016.
We are sure, with this initiative Indian Tourism shall get a boost in Australia and we expect more tourists to visit India in the near future.