17th July, 2017
To All Members,
Subject: IATO Updates this week – 10th July to 15th July, 2017
- IATO continues to assess the impact of GST and plead for redressal of double taxation which negatively hit business operations.
- A meeting was called by the Ministry of Tourism Govt. of India wherein all stake holders were invited at the Transport Bhavan on 12th July, 2017. The meeting was chaired by Secretary (Tourism). IATO reiterated the issues which they had earlier raised with GST council members and with Principal Commissioner CBEC on 5th July 2017 at The Park Hotel, New Delhi for which response is awaited. In the meeting called by our Ministry, our President also met Mr. Yogendra Garg, Additional Director General, Centre of Excellence NACIN and took up all the issues and later sent a letter to him taking up all these issues.
- Inbound tourism concerns on applicability of GST was also raised by the President. It was informed to Mr. Garg that members are unable to raise the invoices due to lack of clarity in the matter. This fact was noted down by Mr. Garg and he assured to take up this matter in the next GST Council meeting for clarifications. We are awaiting for the clarifications and expect to get soon.
- This was followed by a meeting called by FAITH to put up consolidated proposal to Government to consider the suggestions given by them to ease GST issues and members get ready for compliance.
- IATO President, EC members represented in the meeting called by Ministry of Tourism to discuss the media release in domestic market, follow up on settlement of pending MDA cases, digital use in tourism business operations and niche tourism (medical and golfing tourism).
- IATO completed the second part of the training for DIGITAL MARKETING on 12 July, 2017 at Ethiopian Cultural Centre. This was attended by 25 participation. The last part of the course will take place on 28th July for which 25 participants have already confirmed.
- For the 33rd IATO Annual Convention being held in Bhubaneswar from 7 -10 September, 2017 logistics are being finalized. The theme of the convention is “Indian Tourism – Time to reinvent ourselves”. IATO reviewed the GST applicability on Hotels who are participating as partners in IATO convention scheduled for 7-10 September, 2017. A team will visit Bhubaneswar next week to co-ordinate the matter with concerned hotels as also call on Govt. Officials for further facilitation. Registration Form for the convention will be sent to you soon.
- IATO newsletter for July-August is under compilation. Members are requested to give their feedback (if any).
With best regards,