26th June 2017
To, All Members,
Sub: This week in IATO (19th to 24th June, 2017)
- As a follow up to the interactive meetings with senior officials from CBEC, IATO sent its queries to Dy. Secretary, Dept. of Revenue, Ministry of Finance, Govt. of India and GST officials Mr. Pramod Kumar, Commissioner, Mr. G.D. Lohani, Commissioner, Mr. Sachin Jain, Additional Commissioner focusing on following issues so that members have clear view on the implications of GST applications, which is scheduled for operation from 1st July, 2017.
1)Applicability 5% GST on Supply of Tour Operators should be on margin only.
2) GST on service provided by Tour Operators to another tour operator should not be applicable
3)GST on Foreign Exchange earnings should not be levied.
4) Applicability of GST on Outbound Tourism should not be applicable
- Above points have also been raised with Mrs. Sungita Sharma, Principal Commissioner, CBEC, Govt. of India and head of Sectorial Working Group (GST – Travel & Tourism) as a follow up to the meeting called by him on 10th June, 2017 at MP Bhawan, New Delhi. IATO had also raised all these issues with Mr. Gyan Bhushan, Economic Advisor, Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India, who is heading the GST Cell of the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
- To keep the initiative on GST updates and follow up to the interactive meeting held on 14th June 2017 at Hotel Ashok, IATO will have another interactive meeting on Wednesday, the 5th July at The Park Hotel, New Delhi where we have invited Mrs. Sungita Sharma, Principal Commissioner and other members of the Sectoral Working Group for GST on Travel and Tourism. We have also invited Mr. Bipin Sapra, Partner, Tax & Regulatory Services, M/s. Ernst & Young for making a presentation about the procedure to be followed for billing.
- Thus IATO kept its focus on GST at every possible platform.
- IATO also sought appointment with Hon’ble Minister of Tourism to discuss major pending issues related to Guide Policy of ASI and filling up of vacant posts of Head of India Tourism offices overseas and other pending issues. We shall update you of the outcome after the meeting.
- Mr. Amaresh Tiwari and Mr. Viney Tyagi represented IATO in the meeting called by Collector - Jabalpur last month to get inputs and guide them how best they can develop tourism infrastructure of Jabalpur in more sustainable manner, Under Smart City Project. IATO’s project has since been accepted and MOU has been signed between IATO and Jabalpur Smart City indicating scope of work on 24th June 2017 in Jabalpur. Mr. Pronab Sarkar and Mr. Amaresh Tiwari signed on behalf of IATO. This is a big achievement of IATO and recognition of its expertise in tourism field.
- IATO’s annual Convention work preparation is in full swing. Members have been given information about Post Convention tours and members have been advised to book their return flights accordingly.
- An interactive meeting of the EC with IATO Maharashtra Chapter was organized on 21st June 2017 at Hotel Radisson Blu, Karjat. Meeting was well attended by members of Maharashtra.
- Next issue of IATO Newsletter will be out by July-end and members can give their inputs so that we can make our News Letter more informative.
Have a nice weekend.