Theme: Tourism the Largest Foreign Exchange Earner
President: O P Ahuja Holiday Makers (I) Pvt Ltd
Convention Chairman: Maharaj I S Wahi
Hall of Fame: Award was presented to Inder Sharma, Sita World Travel and Elizabeth Kerkar.
A brief detail:
- The deliberations at the Convention covered Economic liberalization and foreign investments in tourism sector.
- Fiscal incentives, tax incentives to attract investments.
- Infrastructural issues- Hotels, Airports of international standard.
- Rationalisation of road taxes for seamless travels at state borders.
- nhanced overseas publicity and participation in tourism trade exhibitions by the Ministry of Tourism.
- Manpower training in tourism sector.
- Diversification of tourism products.
- Tourism to be included in Concurrent List.
- Penetrate into new markets like South East Asia, GCC countries, Africa Region and Far East.
- Open Sky Policy to increase air-seat capacity