DEL/288/2016 22nd March, 2016
To, All IATO Members
Sub: IATO Elections 2016 – Final List of Contestants
A meeting was called today on 22nd March 2016 for scrutinizing the withdrawal of nominations for the forthcoming IATO Elections to be held on 23rd April 2016 at The Park Hotel, New Delhi. The following were present:-
Mr. Vaibhav Kala, (represented Mr. Akshay Kumar as Returning Officer)
Mr. Pronab Sarkar, Hony. Secretary
Mr. Ravi Gosain, Hony. Joint Secretary
Mr. Vijay Thakur, Imm Past President
Mr. Rajiv Mehra, EC Member
Mr. Raj Bajaj, EC Member
Mr. Zia Siddqui, EC Member
Mr. Sanjay Razdan, Member*
Mr. Sandeep Jain, Member
Mr. Gour Kanjilal, Executive Director
After rejection and withdrawal, the final list of contestants for which elections will be held is as follows:-
1. Mr. Maharaj I.S. Wahi, Travel Promotion Bureau Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mr. Pronab Sarkar, Swagatam Tours Pvt. Ltd.
3. Mr. Sarab Jit Singh, Travelite (India)
4. Mr. Vijay Thakur, India Vision Tours & Travels
FOR SR. VICE PRESIDENT
1. Mr. E.M. Najeeb, The Great India Tour Company Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mr. Rajiv Kohli, Creative Travel Pvt. Ltd.
FOR VICE PRESIDENT
1. Mr. Lajpat Rai, Lotus Trans Travel Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mr. Rajiv Mehra, Uday Tours & Travel Pvt. Ltd.
FOR HONY. SECRETARY
1. Mr. Lally Mathews, Vacations Travels & Tours Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mr. Ravi Gosain, Erco Travels Pvt. Ltd.
FOR HONY. TREASURER
1. Mr. Amaresh Tiwari, A.T. Seasons & Vacations Travel Pvt. Ltd.
2. Major S.K. Yadav, Wanderlust Travels Pvt. Ltd.
FOR HONY. JOINT SECRETARY
1. Mr. Sandeep Jain, Special Holidays Travel Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mr. Sanjeev Joshi, Tourism India Management Enterprises Pvt. Ltd.
FOR EC MEMBERS – ACTIVE (5 POSTS)
1. Mr. P.S. Duggal, Minar Travels (India) Pvt. Ltd.
2. Mr. Raj Bajaj, Adventure World (India) Pvt. Ltd.
3. Mr. Rajnish Kaistha, Paradise Holidays (India) Pvt. Ltd.
4. Mr. Ramesh Wattal, Welcome Travels
5. Mr. Ravinder Kumar, Indian Legends Holidays Pvt. Ltd.
6. Mr. Tarun Raikhy, Sanskriti Tours Pvt. Ltd.
7. Mr. Tony Marwah, Indian Travel Promotion Company Pvt. Ltd.
8. Mr. V. Jayaraman, Exotique Expeditions Pvt. Ltd.
9. Mr. Vijay Raghavan, Amazing India Holidays Pvt. Ltd.
10. Mr. Viney Tyagi, Uni Crystal Holidays Pvt. Ltd.
FOR EC MEMBERS –ALLIED (3 POSTS)
1. Mr. N.S. Rathor, Pooja Travels
2. Mr. P. Vijayasarathy- Benchmark Hotels Pvt. Ltd.
3. Mr. Sunil Gupta, Travel Bureau
4. Mr. Zia Siddiqui, Alliance Hotels & Resorts
Mr. Sanjay Razdan arrived at 3.16 pm and submitted his withdrawal of nomination but the same was not accepted by the undersigned as the Returning Officer. Mr. Akshay Kumar, Returning Officer was also contacted on telephone who was in Kyrgyzstan and he directed to follow and respect the deadline of receiving the withdrawal of nominations by 3 pm. Therefore both the nominations filed by Mr. Sanjay Razdan i.e. for the post of Vice President and Hony. Joint Secretary stand invalid.
A separate circular regarding election procedure will follow soon and will be sent to the active members.
(for Akshay Kumar)
IATO Elections – 2016