16th February 2017
To, All Members,
Sub: Launching of Pre-loaded Free BSNL SIM Cards for Foreign Tourist arriving in India on e-Visa on 15th February 2017
You will be pleased to know that the Ministry of Tourism has taken an initiative of providing free pre-loaded BSNL SIM card to international tourists arriving in India on e-Visa. This was launched yesterday by the Hon’ble Minister for Tourism & Culture, Dr. Mahesh Sharma in New Delhi. To start with this is operational in IGI Airport Delhi and will be expanded to 15 other airports where the e-visa facility is available. IATO Team was present during the launching of this scheme to support this initiative of the Ministry of Tourism, Govt. of India.
The scheme was jointly launched by the Ministry of Tourism and BSNL to provide simple, fast and hassle free service of providing a free prepaid Mobile SIM for the tourists arriving on e-Tourist Visa.
The SIM Kit will be made available on submission of the copies of passport and E-Visa at the BSNL Counters at the airport. The service will be activated on receipt of SMS with the details of e-Visa number and the expiry date, from the customer.
Features and Follow up Steps for Activation of SIM Card
• This SIM is having A free Talk time of Rs. 50 and 50 MB Data.
• These SIMs are valid for a period of 30 days from the date of activation or e-Visa expirty date whichever is earlier. The mobile connection gets auto disconnected.
• Handover copy of your e-Tourist Visa and Passport at the counter. You are also requested to sign an acknowledgment against the receipt of Welcome Kit and Free SIM.
• After inserting the SIM in your mobile, send sms to 9440087000 in the following format ACT <Visa No.> <Expiry Date DD-MON-YYYY>, e.g. <00074158945> <16-Feb-2017>, where expirty date is the date of expiry of e-Visa.
• Within an hour, you will be informed through SMS about the activation of SIM, alongwith details of your mobile no./e-Visa no/expiry date.
• For further enhancing your usage value/recharge, you may visit website
http://portal2.bsnl.in/myportal/quickrecharge.do or download My BSNLApp from Google Play.
• On the recharge page in the above website, you are required to fill in the relevant fields and where the option to fill up state/circle is asked, please select <Haryana> from the drop down box.
• For 24 x7 assistance, please contact BSNL helpline at 1503.
We encourage all members to be popularize this amongst your clients as it is a nice benefit to offer arriving travelers.
With best regards,
Senior Vice President