DEL/285/TP/ 2016/ALLM/ 001 December 31, 2106
To, All Members,
Sub: Reminder - IATO Training Programme-2017
IATO always believes that trainings are integral part for sustainable tourism growth. Considering this, we have planned fresh sessions of training progammes in 2017. To hone the skills and enhance the learning curve of IATO members and their staff, we are organizing winter training programmes.
The first training programme of two days is scheduled on Friday, the 13th January, 2017 & Saturday, 14th January, 2017. The topic of the programme is ‘Tourism - The world of opportunities for Gen-X’. The program has designed for the beginners, Tr. Executive & Jr. Executive. The objective of the course is (especially for the freshers) to understand the importance of skill development, dedication towards the profession, time management and working style in the growing competitive scenario.
This would cover the following key objectives in two days programme:
• Introduction to the Tourism Industry and its knowhow
• Future Prospects for Tourism Industry in India and Worldwide
• Activities and Emerging Streams in the Tourism industry
• Career Prospects – Commercial and Government Agencies
• Communication Skills – Interacting effectively
• Creativity Skills – Brainstorming and generating new ideas
• Influencing Skills – Selling and Negotiation
• Interpersonal Skills – Handling difficult customers
• Personal Skills - Stress Management
• Professional Skills – Business etiquettes and ethics
• Team Spirit and Self-Motivation
• Time Management and cost effectiveness
• Guest Handling and establishing PR
• Developing Tour Operator--Hotel relationship
• Dealing with Competition and facing challenges
This course will develop the efficiency in the working style of the executive’s and commitment of longer working tenure in the organisation.
The venue for the programme would be:-
Ethiopian Cultural Centre
7/50-G, Niti Marg, Chanakya Puri,
New Delhi – 110021
from 1000 hrs to 1700 hrs (13th Jan, 2017)
1000 hrs to 1600 hrs (14th Jan, 2017)
This programme is open only for the first 20 participants on FIRST-COME-FIRST basis as the training programme of such intensity is best absorbed by small and closely knit interacting participants.
A small fee of Rs. 1500/- (inclusive of service tax) for both days inclusive, per person would be charged from members. This also would include two tea break/lunch etc.
Please note payment to be made by Cash/ Draft/ Cheque in favour of “Indian Association of Tour Operators.”
The names alongwith cheque and the following information should be sent to IATO Secretariat, 310, Padma Tower II, 22 Rajendra Place , New Delhi -1100 08.
• Name of the company/Organization
• Name of the person
• Mobile no.
You are requested to send your names for registration along with fees on or before January 2, 2017
We need your full cooperation to make these training programmes a big success.
With warm regards,
Lally Mathews Zia Siddiqui
Hony. Secretary EC Member